Post Graduate and Research Department of Commerce
St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous), Kolkata
in collaboration with
Post Graduate Department of Commerce
University of Calcutta
Institute of Islamic Education and Research
Islamic University, Bangladesh
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
We dwell in a globally-connected yet protean world where stability rests in a state of transience. Volatility appears to be a norm, and complexity continues to accrue. Our world, much like a pile of sand, is Volatile, given that things change, change quickly, and for reasons beyond our control. It is ‘uncertain’ as gaining conviction about future outcomes and impact is ever more onerous perplexing. It is ‘complex’ since we, as individuals, are in ignorance of the interface between multitudinous variables which we must ruminate upon, let alone how to integrate them effectively. Finally, it is ‘ambiguous’, as the same data can yield compound and often competing elucidations. The concept of a VUCA world: one that is Volatile, Complex, Uncertain and Ambiguous, is often used to describe the tumultuous, unpredictable and, rapidly metamorphosing environmental context heralded by many as the “new normal” for corporates and business enterprises. Truth be told, many a few management experts believe that in order to sustain and thrive in a perennially turbulent (VUCA) environment, leaders at all managerial levels need to be advanced with the art of disruptive innovation and data-driven management. More pertinently, they need to project themselves as agile learners and innovators, who are capable of embracing and exploiting change in the delivery of competitive product and service offerings to sustain competitive advantage.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTIONS
Post Graduate and Research Department of Commerce, St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous), Kolkata
About the St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous), Kolkata
A Christian Minority Jesuit Higher Educational Institution, St. Xavier's was founded in 1860 by a Catholic Minority Religious body, the Society of Jesus, and was affiliated to the University of Calcutta in 1862. The college was granted autonomy in 2006 and was awarded the status of College with Potential for Excellence in the same year by UGC. The college received College of Excellence status in 2014 followed by the College with a Special Heritage Status in 2015. It received the highest ever NAAC rating of A++ with 3.77 CGPA. Recently, St. Xavier's College, Kolkata, has secured the 5th rank in India Ranking 2023 for colleges, conducted by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) under Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. Xavier's College offers UG and PG courses under five faculties: Arts, Science, Commerce, Business Administration, and Education. St. Xavier’s has over these 163 years remained steadfast and persevered in the midst of troubles and anxieties. September 2015 was a landmark in the history of St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata. The college was granted permission by the University of Calcutta to independently initiate a Ph.D. program in thirteen departments including Post Graduate and Research Department of Commerce. This makes St. Xavier’s one of a very select few colleges in the country to be allowed this privilege. Now with all the richness of the past, it embraces the future with the same spirit- “Nihil Ultra” (Nothing beyond).
About the Post Graduate and Research Department of Commerce
The Post Graduate and Research Department of Commerce is the biggest department in the college, having the Undergraduate Department (Morning & Evening) and Postgraduate Department of Commerce under its umbrella. The departments are governed by the Ignatian Pedagogical Paradigm of ‘conscience, competence, compassion and commitment’. The departments offer quality education in the higher studies of commerce and to develop human resources with social values catering to the needs of both, industries and academia, at the national and international level. Starting from the current year the Undergraduate Department of Commerce follows four-year degree course as suggested in the National Education Policy. Apart from offering M.Com. (With specialisation in Accounting and Finance), the College also offers and M.Com. (With specialisation in Marketing) for those who want to build career in Marketing. Both the degrees offer better competitive edge to the students in the job market. The department aims at facilitating the students in the development of competency in research in the various emerging fields of commerce.
Post Graduate Department of Commerce, University of Calcutta
About the University of Calcutta
The Court of Directors of the East India Company sent a despatch in July, 1854 to the Governor-General of India in Council, suggesting the establishment of the Universities of Calcutta, Madras and Bombay. In pursuance of that despatch, the University of Calcutta was founded on January 24, 1857. The University adopted in the first instance, the pattern of the University of London and gradually introduced modifications in its constitution. The University has 14 Campuses, 68 Post Graduate Departments, 21 Centres and one UGC- Human Resource Development Centre. Some of the distinguished Alumni of the University of Calcutta are Bankimchandra Chatterjee, Nabinchandra Sen, Chandramukhi Basu, Kadambini Ganguli, Praphulla Chandra Ray, Narendranath Dutta (Swami Vivekananda), Asutosh Mookerjee, Ramendrasundar Trivedi, Kamini Roy, Jadunath Sarkar, Upendranath Brahmachari, Bidhan Chandra Roy, Rajendra Prasad, Sukumar Roy, Sunitikumar Chatterji, Prasantachandra Mahalanobis, Meghnad Saha, Satyendranath Bose, Subhas Chandra Bose, Nirad C. Chaudhuri, Jibanananda Das, Syamaprasad Mookerjee, etc.
About the Post Graduate Department of Commerce, C.U.
From its inception in 1922, the Post Graduate Department of Commerce, University of Calcutta has traversed a long way. The Department takes pride in its commendable performance vis-à-vis major developmental indicators such as student intake, number of teachers, published research work, updated curricula and courseware. At present, it has 19 whole time Professors including 12 full Professors and 28 guest faculty members. The Department started its 2-year M. Phil curriculum in 1988, and one of the greatest strengths of the Department is its Ph.D. Programme. It is a matter of pride to note that a large number of researchers have been awarded Ph.D. degrees in significant areas of business-related research including accounting, finance, management and economics. The Department publishes a bi-annual journal, Business Studies [ISSN 0970-9657] (UGC --- CARE Listed Journal Group I), a double-blind peer- reviewed and the refereed journal in the field of finance, economics, accounting and management within the periphery of commerce and business. Recently, the Volume -XLIII (No. 1 & 2) 2022 of the Departmental journal has been published. Academic performance, including research and teaching, of Departmental faculty members has earned pan-Indian recognition, as evidenced by the UGC’s sanction of Special Assistance Programme by the UGC since 1987, under Departmental Special Assistance (DSA) Programme Phase I, II and III. The Department has started on a two-year full-time self-financed MBA (Financial Management) Course on and from 26th September 2005. The University of Calcutta – Calcutta Stock Exchange Centre of Excellence in Financial Markets, a Centre that is dedicated to multidisciplinary study and research in financial markets, is a collaborative effort of the Department of Commerce, University of Calcutta and the Calcutta Stock Exchange since 2013. Recently the department has started Post Graduate Diploma in Investment Portfolio Management Services course in financial markets.
Institute of Islamic Education and Research, Bangladesh
About the Islamic University, Bangladesh
Islamic University is ranked as one of the top public universities in Bangladesh as well as the largest seat of higher education in the south-western part of the country. By now, Islamic university has been exceptionally renowned as the major international centre for theological, general, applied science, technology and engineering studies. The university is currently having 34 departments. The university addresses the needs of both the local and foreign students, facilitating them with a broad spectrum of undergraduate studies and postgraduate research and teaching. In this way, the university seeks to promote understanding of the rich cultural diversity of humankind in order to prepare students to go forth with skills, knowledge and wisdom to serve and advance the communities in which they live and work. The vision is to become a globally recognized university.
About the Institute of Islamic Education and Research, Bangladesh
Institute of Islamic Education and Research (IIER) is the flagship institute of Islamic University, Bangladesh, the largest seat of learning in the south-western region of Bangladesh. Exploring the realm of knowledge for the supreme welfare of human beings is the motto of this Institute. Endorsed by the national parliament of Bangladesh, this Institute is a centre of excellence aimed at facilitating cutting-edge research and promoting advanced training in all branches of knowledge including science, commerce, humanities and interfaith dialogue. The Institute is also responsible for offering certificate and diploma programs in a number of major languages including English, Japanese, French, Urdu, Hindi, Chinese and Korean. Besides, it encourages area studies such as South Asian studies, Oriental studies, Sufi studies and studies on comparative religion. It arranges in-service training for academic and non-academic staff with a view to upgrading their potential as human resources. The Institute publishes an international standard journal focused on the findings and reviews of teachers and researchers working in different disciplines. It actively promotes co-ordination and collaboration among the scholars at home and abroad
- TRACK I: Financial Innovation in the VUCA World
- TRACK II: Business Education Sustainability in the VUCA World
- TRACK III: Digital Transformation in the VUCA World
- TRACK IV: Collaborative Business Research in the VUCA World
- TRACK V: Agile Marketing in the VUCA World
- TRACK VI: Dynamics in Management and HRM in the VUCA World
- TRACK VII: Research in Education
TRACK I: Financial Innovation in the VUCA World
- Financial Market and Market Volatility
- IPO Price Behaviour in the Stock Market
- Global Stock Market and Stock Market Cointegration
- Financial Risk Management
- Financial System Reforms
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Development Finance
- Credit Risk Modelling
- Financing Make in India
- Sustainable Financial Development
- Financial Reporting & Sustainable Reporting in India
- Investor Psychology and Trading Behaviour
- Corporate Governance
- Rising NPAs, Banking Crisis and Growth Impact
- Banking and Financial Inclusion
- Global Inclusion Practices
- FDI and FII: National Growth Perspective
- Corporate Accounting and Reporting
- Audit Leverage
TRACK II: Business Education Sustainability in the VUCA World
- Global Inclusion Practices: Lessons from countries in Asia and Africa
- International Trade and Economic Growth
- Global Economic Volatilities and Impact on National Economies
- Export-led Growth and Sustainability
- Global/Regional Financial Organisations and Growth
TRACK III: Digital Transformation in the VUCA World
- Re-interpreting Behavioural Finance through AI
- Data Science and Analytics
- The rise of Ed-tech
- Digital currency
- Impact of Blockchain in the world of finance
TRACK IV: Collaborative Business Research in the VUCA World
- Cross-cultural collaborative research
- Cross-functional collaborative research
- Network based collaborative research
- Real-time collaborative research
- Collaborative research in business history
TRACK V: Agile Marketing in the VUCA World
- BOP Marketing
- SMAC (Social Media, Mobility, Analytics, Clouds)
- Supply Chain Management
- Blue Ocean Strategy
- Sustainable Marketing & Social Media Marketing
- Experimental and Sensory Marketing
- Brand Engagement
- Business Models for Sustainability
- Customer Value, Satisfaction and Loyalty
- Marketing of Services
- Strategic Brand Management
- Marketing to Rural Consumers
- Trends in Neuro-marketing
- Cross-cultural studies in Marketing
- Digitized markets and E-Commerce
- Customer Engagement
- Digital Media-Brand in the Digital Age
- Navigating the social media landscape
TRACK VI: Dynamics in Management and HRM in the VUCA World
- Leveraging Diversity
- Ethics and Human Values
- Strategic HRM and HR Strategies
- Employee Engagement and Motivation
- Employer Branding
- Succession Planning
- CSR and Sustainable HRM
- Managing Stress at work
- Cross-cultural Issues in HRM
- Leadership and Governance
- Change Leadership
- Knowledge Management
- Competency Management
- HR Analytics and Metrics
- Transforming Employee-Employment Relationships
- Knowledge Management
- IPR Management
TRACK VII: Research in Education
- B-School education in the light of National Education Policy (NEP) in India
- Challenges and Opportunities in Higher Education in India
- Teaching and learning settings involving independent and collaborative learning
- Future Prospect of Commerce & Business Education
- Case based pedagogy in Teaching-learning
- Pathways to incorporate Technology into Educational Practices.
- Last date for Full paper submission (along with abstract) - 30.09.2023
- Paper acceptance notification - 10.10.2023
- Early-bird registration – 30.09.2023
- Last date for registration - 15.10.2023
- Conference dates - 25.11.2023 and 26.11.2023
Note: It must be noted that In-absentia presentations shall not be accepted. At least one registered author (in case of multiple authors) must be present in the conference to be eligible for acceptance.
TO BE POSTED SOON
- Word limit for the full paper: 2500 words
- Word limit for abstract: 200 words. Maximum 5 key words may be given in abstract.
- The paper must be submitted in the form of a word file with the following specifications: Font Type: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12 (Body) and 14 (Headings), Line Spacing - 1.5
- Referencing in APA Format. References must be numbered (1,2,3 etc. but not in bullet points)
- No Footnote to be given in the body.
- Kindly note that no change shall be allowed in the paper title/abstract/ authorship post submission.
- Plagiarism of any kind will lead to rejection of paper. A declaration that the submitted paper has not been previously presented, published, accepted for publication anywhere has to be submitted with the full paper.
- Copyrighted materials, including those taken from the website, should be clearly identified, and the copyright holder’s explicit permission to reproduce it must be submitted separately.
All submissions are to be e-mailed at email@example.com
Authors are requested to kindly adhere to the following registration and payment formalities, once their papers have been accepted for presentation. Registration is mandatory for all participants (Deadline: 07.10.2023) and delegates. In case of multiple authors, at least one author must register. Certificates shall be issued to all authors of papers against successful registration by all the respective authors. If an author submits two papers, both the papers must be registered separately. Moreover, we encourage at least one registered author to be present on the day of the conference, since in-absentia presentations shall not be accepted. The registration fees may be may be noted as follows:
|Category||Early-bird Registration||General Registration|
|Corporates (Participants or Paper Presenters )||₹ 2500||$ 30||₹ 3000||$ 35|
|Academic and Others|
|Paper Presenter (offline)||₹ 1700||$ 25||₹ 2000||$ 30|
|Paper Presenter (online)||₹ 1200||$ 20||₹ 1500||$ 25|
|Participants||₹ 800||$ 10||₹ 1000||$ 15|
- A single author will be allowed to present maximum two papers, either in individual capacity or jointly.
- For each paper submission, separate registration is required to be done.
- Not more than three authors are allowed in a single paper.
- For presenting a paper (online or offline), registration is compulsory.
|Rev. Dr. Dominic Savio, SJ|
Professor (Dr.) Swagata Sen
Professor (Dr.) Md. Mamunur Rahman
Rev. Dr. Joseph Kulandai, SJ
Rev. Dr. Peter Arockiam, SJ
Rev. Johnson Padiyara, SJ
Professor (Dr.) Kanika Chatterjee
Dr. Dhananjoy Kumar
Dr. Amitava Roy
Dr. Soheli Ghose
Dr. Sanjib Kumar Basu
Professor (Dr.) Siddhartha Sankar Saha
Dr. Sumanta Dutta
Ms. Ankita Samanta
Based on the recommendations of the paper review committee, selected full papers of participants received until 30.09.2023 and registered till 15.10.2023 will be considered for publication in an Edited Book with ISBN, which is expected to be released on the first day of the Conference.
On the day of the conference, the interested participants may purchase the Edited Book of the Conference Publication.
VENUE & ACCOMODATION
The venue for the conference on November 25th an 26th, 2023 is St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous), Kolkata (Park Street Campus).
Outstation participants are requested to make own arrangements for accommodation. Required assistance will be provided delightedly from the Organiser of the Conference.
All research papers and subsequent correspondence should be mailed at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, interested participants and delegates may also contact with Joint Convenors:
Dr. Sumanta Dutta +91 7439426997
Ms. Ankita Samanta - +91 8697279243
Visit www.sxccal.edu for further information